1.07.2010

When I saw this rocking chair I had to have it. For a moment I was considering the knock-off just to ease the pain of the price. After going back and forth, and reading many reviews, I realized I would really prefer a vintage Eames (if I can get my hands on one.) My mother is an avid antique collector and growing up I remember visiting auction houses and large antique stores. By her example, I have come to appreciate things that have a story, as well as imperfections. I am sure that it will require a lot of patience to find what I want, I am up for the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that.
    It's such a cool looking chair.
    I never come across good stuff like this in thrift shops - someone always gets there first. Hopefully one day, that someone will be me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've priced them around and figured it could cost up to a grand or more. I'm definitely going to have to save up!

    ReplyDelete